Dr Olga Petryna is a Board Certified Attending Rheumatologist at Scarsdale Medical Group/White Plains Hospital. She completed her Rheumatology fellowship training at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical School. She has held several faculty appointments at Academic Institutions (Mount Sinai and NYU). Dr. Petryna’s interests include cell immunologic treatments and the application of novel therapeutics in autoimmune and auto-inflammatory rheumatic diseases. She has been invited to present her research at several major national and international meetings and has published research articles in high impact peer-reviewed rheumatology journals. She has been named “Best Doctor” by New York Magazine and “Super Doctor” by the New York Times Magazine.
- 600 Mamaroneck Avenue, Harrison, NY 10528
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Rheumatology
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- MD, Ivano-Frankowskij Medicinskij Inst
- Residency, Internal Medicine
Lincoln Medical & Mental Health Ct.
- Fellowship, Rheumatology
Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
- Kukar M, Petryna O, and Efthimiou P. “Biological targets in the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis: A Comprehensive review of Current and In-development Biological Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs”, Biologics: Targets &Therapy, 2009:3 443–457
- Petryna O and Efthimiou P. “An Unusual Cause of Lower Back Pain”, Journal of Rheumatology, 2009 Nov;36(11):2556
- Efthimiou P, Petryna O.” Headache from Cavernous Sinus Thrombosis in Adamantiades-Behcet’s Disease”, Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, 2010; Dec; 16(8): 409
- Petryna O, Yavari N, Efthimiou P. “Occupational and Environmental Exposures in Lupus and Systemic Sclerosis: A preventable Risk Factor?” Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine, 2010; 27:395-402.
- Efthimiou P, Petryna O, Kukar M, Gold M. “Characteristic neuroimaging findings in posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES) in SLE: Reply.” Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2011 Jan; 63(1): 309-10
- Efthimiou P, Petryna O, Kukar M. “Complex situations in patients with adult-onset Still disease” in Autoimmune Diseases: Complex and Acute Situations, 2011, pp 221-232, Springer, NY, NY.
- Petryna O, Cush JJ, and Efthimiou P. “IL-1 Trap Rilonacept in Refractory Adult-onset Still’s Disease”, Annals of Rheumatic Diseases, 2012 Dec; 71(12):2056-8
- Mehta B, Zapantis E, Petryna O, and Efthimiou P. “Screening Optimization of Latent Tuberculosis Infection in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients”, Arthritis Volume 2015 (2015), Article ID 569620
- Gao X, Petryna O. “Clinical Utility of MBDA Panel in the Management of Adult Onset Still’s Disease”, Mediterranean Journal of Rheumatology, 2017, Vol 28, Issue 3, September 2017
- Purat N, Petryna O. “Hyper IgD syndrome”. Chapter in: “Autoinflammatory Diseases: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management”, a specialized textbook in Autoinflammatory disease, 2019, pp 19-29, Springer, NY, NY.
- Efthimiou P, Petryna O, Nakasato P, Kontzias A. “New Insights on Multigenic Autoinflammatory Diseases: What Should Adult Rheumatologists Know?”. Therapeutic Advances in Musculoskeletal Disease, July 2022.